Earthquake Network is the most comprehensive earthquake app and for most countries around the world it is the only earthquake early warning system to receive real-time alerts.
Earthquake Network offers you:
– Real-time alerts if you live near the epicenter
– Alert a few seconds in advance if you live far from the epicenter
– Real-time user reports on felt earthquakes
– Free seismic data from 19 seismic networks, including the United States, Puerto Rico, India, Turkey, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, China, New Zealand, Japan, Italy and Spain.
The Earthquake Network research project (https://www.sismo.app) aims to develop a smartphone-based earthquake early warning system capable of detecting earthquakes in real time and alerting the population to it. ‘advance. Smartphones are able to detect earthquakes thanks to the accelerometer on board each device. When an earthquake is detected, users with the app installed are immediately alerted. As the seismic waves travel at about 5 km / s, it is possible to alert the population not yet affected by the destructive waves of the earthquake. For scientific details on the project, please refer to the scientific article on Borders at https://bit.ly/2C8B5HI
When an earthquake is detected in real time by smartphones near the epicenter, the server sends an alert to all users with the app. Alerting all users can take up to 10 seconds as it is technically not possible to do so instantly. You can now join the priority lists of the first 10,000 or 100,000 people alerted in real time. The following subscriptions are available:
– 10k subscription for 1 year
– 10k subscription for 1 month
– 100k subscription for 1 year
– 100k subscription for 1 month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• The subscription renews automatically unless automatic renewal is deactivated at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions can be managed by the user and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the user’s account settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, if applicable.
Terms and conditions: https://www.sismo.app/terms-conditions